ECCL’s activities include:
- Publishing position papers and briefings and making recommendations on the right of people with disabilities to live in the community.
- Advocating before European institutions (European Commission and European Parliament) for policies that support community-based services, and highlighting the crucial importance of involving people with disabilities as equal partners in this work.
- Supporting ECCL members in their national advocacy activities.
- Facilitating exchange of information and the promotion of best practice in the development of community-based services, through seminars and newsletters for ECCL members and other interested organizations.
- Launching campaigns calling for recognition of the right of all people with disabilities to live in the community and for a shift in government funding from long stay institutions to community-based services.
- Publishing reports on the use of EU Structural Funds in Central and Eastern Europe, looking at whether Structural Funds are being used to support the development of quality community-based services for people with disabilities.
- Publishing reports on the implementation of the right to live in the community, as set out in Article 19 of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, in Europe.